Claro VortiClar forced vortex grit removal systems deliver high grit removal efficiencies across a wide range of daily flow capacities. An engineered hydraulic design removes fine grit & other debris particles, separates organic from inorganic material, & reduces grit accumulation in downstream basins, channels, weirs, & piping. The extraction of grit also significantly reduces wear on mechanical equipment.
The unit is composed of a centrifugal flow chamber; weir baffles; an energy-efficient axial flow impeller with a single, dual speed, or VFD motor; a quiescent sediment collection chamber & a choice of grit extraction approaches: airlift or high quality grit pump. Ideal for small footprint project requirements.
- Efficient organics/inorganics separation & fine grit capture.
- Exceptionally small footprint & variety of configurations available:
- elevated, stand-alone config.: stainless steel tank with all components of unit accessible from support platform c/w optional operator-safe walkways.
- low-profile config.: all components of unit accessible & concrete-embedded vortex.
- Low maintenance, low operating cost, low energy consumption.
- Fully automated & fully-enclosed hygienic operation.
- Optional variable frequency drive (VFD) on vortex for performance optimization.
- Small & large capacities.
- Indoor & outdoor installation.
- No submerged bearings.
- Optional vortex air grit scouring system.
- For cost-effective retrofits/conversion of aerated grit tanks please see Aerated Grit Tank Extraction Spirals/Screws.
We welcome your enquiries. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org